Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sarah's Dan's Mom's Lentil Soup

First, I want to talk about my friend Dan, who is, in case you're wondering, most definately THE MAN. Dan and I met a few years ago when I was working at a coffee shop. It wasn't until the past year or so that we have become friends. I LOVE to talk food with Dan, well, because...Dan knows food. Dan knows more about food than anyone I've ever met. And if Dan tells me to cook something, well, I'm going to cook it, no questions asked.
Dan is actually the one who got me thinking about starting this food blog. His blog is http://www.kitchengeeking.com/ and if you don't subscribe to it, do it NOW. My blog is mostly about cooking for myself, but his covers a wide range of food topics including cooking, restaurants, food preparation, travel, and local fare just to name a few.
Dan re-posted his mother's Lentil Soup recipe the other day included in a blog about combining food and fond memories. His post brought back thoughts of all the ladies in my family crowding in the kitchen to get Thanksgiving Dinner on the table; or the long hot summer afternoons I would spend alone with my grandmother in her kitchen while we strung beans from her garden, and sang songs while a pot of applesauce simmered on her stove made with the apples picked fresh from her backyard.
This soup is every bit as good as Dan says. It was a perfect welcome meal to the Fall season. Thanks Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment